Time : ,
Virtual Leaders Summit
As women are among the most vulnerable group during this pandemic, the session will discuss:
- How investing in women is a favorable decision for business. There is no better time in investing in women than now.
- How partnership could lead to an unexpected and tremendously favorable positive impact.
Show case: When our world faces the global challenge of the COVID-19 pandemi, women community in the tropical forest could save their family in at least two ways: sustainable livelihood while preserving local heritage and health care maintenance from the herbal plants they have planted. The Women Empowerment Program of Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) Sinar Mas and Martha Tilaar Group (MTG) to train and empower 1,000 women from tropical forest has produced a beneficial results for the families involved in this program. We will learn how it has impacted the welfare of the women and what lesson learned from this collaboration, which aligned with SDG 5 “Gender Equality”, SDG 8 “Decent Work and Economic Growth” and SDG 17 “Partnerships for the Goals”.
Keynote Speech: I Gusti Ayu Bintang Darmawati, Minister of Women Empowerment and child Protection of the Republic of Indonesia*
- Samuel Pranata, Director of Corporate Communication, Social Responsibilities and Policy &
Procedures, PT Martina Berto Tbk (Martha Tilaar Group)
- Elim Sritaba, Chief Sustainability Officer, Asia Pulp & Paper (APP) Sinar Mas
- Livio Sarandrea, Team Leader B+HR Asia, UNDP Bangkok Regional Hub*
Moderator: Natalia Soebagjo, Transparancy International Indonesia (TII)